Monday, July 23, 2012

My 20th Birthday

I had a great birthday!  Guess what I did!   
I WORKED!!   

I was on an exchange with one of the district leaders, Elder Bleggi, and we biked our butts off all day! He is a good missionary. I think it was about 110 degreese that day with some humidity of course. It was a good birthday. We visited some less-actives who came to church yesterday, we found a new investigator and went to the temple to teach a lesson!

I opened the packeges y'all sent me; I love getting new garments!!  I also like the tie, and the colored pictures and notes from the little cousins, and the chocolate cupcake things and the pens! oh and the white shirts and note pad! I love getting packages!

This week has been the best week since I arrived in this area. We had a member-present lesson with a couple investigators that went very well. We found four new investigators and had four less actives at church. Hopefully we can continue exceeding these numbers.  We need to get more member-present lessons.
We went to the temple on Saturday and as soon as we walked onto the temple grounds the spirit hit Elder Bleggi and I at the same time. It was like a wall! We looked at eachother and knew we were both having the same feeling. It was awesome. I love feeling the spirit strongly.

I've been having a great time on my mission. I realised that I've almost been out a year and it kinda made me sad. I still feel like a new missionary and I don't feel like I've been out a year. Holy Cow, time flies.
    
Love ya'll
                              Elder Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment