Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Norman Oklahoma

While I was greeting people in my new ward on Sunday, a sister came up to me with her family and said "Is your Dad Scott and your Mom Wendy?!"  I was shocked and managed to say......"yeah."   Then she went on to say that she had lived in our ward in Madison when she was a young woman. Dad was her Bishop and home teacher and was super close to her during the hard times of her parent's divorce.  Mom was her Young Women's leader. Her last name back then was Foss. It was super cool. She knew a lot about me and I don't know anything about her. Haha! She says hi to you guys!!  

AND I HAD A BAPTISM ON FRIDAY!!! It was the BEST day of my life!!

I received permission from President Taylor to drive back to Clinton from Norman with my good old trainer Elder Naisbitt and one of my new zone leaders Elder Phillips.

(The missionary on the far right is Elder Fransen, Bryce's 2nd companion, 
and to the left of Fransen is Bryce's trainer, Elder Naisbitt.)

I was able to baptize Cheyenne and it was SUPER AWESOME!

     I forgot to tell y"all about an experience I had during my last week in Elk City. Elder Fransen and I went to a Catholic church on a Saturday night. We were invited to go while tracting so we took the opportunity. It was super duper cool. Lots of sitting and standing and sitting and kneeling and standing and then the preacher gives a super dry and boring talk. Then you sing and stand and sing and kneel and sit and then everyone gets in line to get bread and wine and then after the communion the preacher chugs down the leftover wine.  :)  It was super cool.
     My new comp is Elder Guinto! (gin-toe)  He is from Texas but his parents are Philipino.
The new address of my apartment is:    
1300 Crown Point Ave #17
 Norman, OK 73072
Love ya!
Elder Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment