Wednesday, January 18, 2012

1st Transfer

I am being transfered to the Norman 2nd Ward! From what I've heard, it is a bike area. No car! I'm leaving my cute little silver, 2010 chevy colorado to go to an area where we don't have a car! haha. It will be fun. At least I will stay in shape.  
 
The OU campus is in my area and that is where I will go to e-mail each week. I'm going to miss Elk City. I love the country areas out here and I feel attached to the ward members.   But I plan on coming back to Elk City on Friday!!  We were planning on baptizing Chalene (*name changed to protect the innocent) on Sunday night but she relapsed. :( so we kept working hard with her trying to help her as much as we could! We set her next date for this Friday and she has been clean for the longest she ever has in two years. I feel so much love for the people we work so hard with. I am so excited to see her get baptized.
 
Yesterday we planned out the program for her baptism. She picked out who she wants to baptize her and who she wants to speak and all that stuff. She asked me to baptize her!! I'm so excited! It made me so SO happy to know that after two years of struggling with addiction and trials, she is going to be worthily baptised.  Maybe I can be there when she goes through the temple in a year.
   I am excited! Good things are happening!
 
Love y'all!
Elder Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment