Wednesday, August 31, 2011

1st letter from the MTC, sent after 1 day there.

Dear Fam,

      My first day at the MTC was kinda weird. I will never forget being dropped off at the curb and just walking into the main building. Missionaries were swarming everywhere! I was thinking, "This is the real thing now! I'm on my own, all by myself." It was so weird and a little scary. But the Brothers and Sister who welcomed us and directed me were so helpful and made me feel at home.

   I feel awesome walking around in my sweet, brand new nametag! But all the new guys get an orange sticker on their nametag and all the other missionaries always yell, "WELCOME, ELDER!" It gets very annoying pretty fast, so I took my sticker off.

    My comp's name is Elder Jolly. He is a good guy. He is also very wierd, but I just have to be nice to him. He was a little homesick the first night. The other companions in my room are super cool guys and are also going to my mission. Elder Jolly is going to the Ogden, Utah Mission. But Elder Garner, a little red-headed guy is awesome! And Elder Hortt is cool too. He's a cowboy kinda guy.

    Well today I spent $45 because I needed to get a tetanus shot. They made me get it because its mission rules or something. Anyway, I'm having fun and need/want that money I spent. That would be awesome if you could send it to me. My P-day is Wednesday in the MTC. Anyway, I'm learning a little and having fun!

Elder Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment