Friday, March 8, 2013

Transfers Again!

 The massive wave of missionaries hits our mission tomorrow. Tomorrow is when all of the new missionaries come from the MTC and fly into OKC. Wed is Transfer day, when all the new missionaries meet their trainers and go to their first areas.  This transfer, next transfer and the one after that will be the biggest transfers ever! Our mission is getting 40 missionaries added to it between these first two transfers. 

       I will be getting transferred to Norman on Wed. Elder Hardt and I stayed together for two transfers and he is staying here in Lawton again. He will be here for 6 months by the time next transfer ends.
     
       I'm Excited to go back to Norman. There are great people in that town. And I think I will be safe from tornadoes this year. What are the chances of a tornado going through the same town two times in one year? It's like jumping into an artillery crater to take cover from the other artillery going off.   Right?

       I will be going to the Norman 4th ward. it is on the east side of Norman. My first time in Norman, I served on the west side. I am very excited because I have a recent convert who was baptized last year in Norman. But they moved from the 2nd ward to the 4th ward!  So I will be in their ward again!     My new comp's name is Elder Reese. He is a cool guy. We have served around each other a few times before. 
  
       I have been blessed with very good companions. I have never had a comp that didn't want to do missionary work or wanted to go home. I have had great comps to do missionary work with.  I am thankful for that.

  Dad, that is a cool story about meeting your trainers son as an Elder in Medford!  It reminds me of a story in PMG.... Or maybe it is from a talk I listened to recently. It's about how a less active member of the church who thought his mission in Spain was a failure because he only baptized one person. But he met a missionary from Spain many years later who was the son of his only baptism.  It showed him how many people really did benefit from only one baptism.   That is a cool story. I hope I have an experience like that some day.

       We did have some Blizzard warnings lately. Northern Oklahoma (Stillwater, Ponca City area) received about one foot of snow when that storm blew over. That is a ton of snow for Oklahoma!  In Lawton we just got some sprinkles of rain and lots of clouds.  But, today is a great day! It feels like spring again. It's a warm day. I decided to wear a short-sleeve shirt today.

             Good things are happening, but it all takes work to get'em done.
                                 Love Elder Shumway

                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment