Monday, April 2, 2012

General Conference


General Conference was super good. I love watching conference as a missionary. There was a lot about families and parents. 

This week has been a pretty good week. Elder Lott and I tried to stay completely busy all week. We have been working very hard with our investigators. The spirit works sooooo well! My testimony was strengthened by the way the spirit can direct a lesson to perfectly meet the needs of the investigators.  I had an experience where we discovered the concern of a certain investigator who we have been working with for a while. Because we studied and prepared for her needs, we were able to answer her questions and show her verses in the Book Of Mormon that applied perfect to her and her family.

I'm exhausted! Sunday nights are so hectic.  That's when we have to call everyone and report numbers and talk about details, and then I have to call the zone leaders and talk about all of the missionaries in my district and how they are doing. Last night was crazy busy,  but I love the mission. It is a blast!! 

Yesterday someone left a cake on our door. When we went to cut into it, we realized it was a phonebook that someone had frosted to look like a cake! It was a good April fools joke. We are still trying to find out which member or missionary did this to us.

    All is well. Can't wait to get the package!

                                   -Elder Shumway

 



No comments:

Post a Comment