Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkey Week

 I came home from a 24 hr exchange and there were two packages and like five letters for me on my desk! It was awsome! Thank you guys SO, SO much! (I NEVER thought I would ever look forward to mail, but getting something in the mail is AWESOME and can make a missionary happy all week!)

I'm going to try to write back to all of the letter writers, but don't know how many I will be able to actually finish and send by tonight.  Grandma and Grandpa Clark sent me some stuff. They are awesome. I need to write them back.

Missionary work is so unpredictable. We have super awesome and successful weeks, and then we'll have a slow week and every appointment will fall through and we won't teach hardly any lessons. The town we are in is full of people who are literaly always working in the oil fields and we can't meet with women unless another male is there but their husbands are ALWAYS working.  We only have three active priesthood holding members in Elk City who work a lot as well. It can be very, very slow sometimes, but we keep on finding things to do like service and tracting.

Thanks for the pictures, Dad. I miss Oregon and the mountians. It is very flat out here. You can see for miles and miles. The only thing that breaks the horizon are oil towers and windmills. haha.

That is very cool about the BOM reading challenge. I'm in Helaman ch 8. I want to finish it before I start over again. There are some cool study techniques that I want to do next time I read it but I plan on reading the BOM throughout my whole mission.

 I will send a longer e-mail next week. We have stuff to do and are always busy. For thanksgiving we have one dinner appointment, but it isn't even in our area. haha! No one feeds us, but that's ok. I plan on having a lot of mac and cheese.
 anyway... luv y'all
      -Elder Shumway          

No comments:

Post a Comment