Monday, October 31, 2011

Hark Work!

Oklahoma is as flat as a freakin pancake and so the wind just rages across the plains! If you stand on one of the small hills you can see forever!

My area is dead and I'm in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere called Elk City. Everyone hates us but I don't care what they think. We always get yelled at and it's funny because most people are very uneducated and have a southern accent. One guy told us to go back to Utah ..... (but I'm not from Utah. haha!)

 Me and my comp have a good time. He plays sports and grew up on a huge farm in Utah. He likes to go duck hunting. He is cool. We have had our struggles and we often say to each other,"Guys just arent meant to live together for long periods of time." But we have worked through our issues and we have a good time as we work. Neither of us were transfered so we are with eachother for another six weeks.

Until the next transfer (Thanksgiving) I will be at:
220 Ridgecrest Dr #E-59
Elk City OK 73644

  The work is soo hard here especially in my area. But I'm learning a ton! I'm nowhere near being an awesome missionary yet, but I'm sure that it will come over time.
  
It's pretty awesome knowing that I have been assigned to be a mouthpiece for the Lord and to bring souls unto Christ. It starts with inviting them by helping them recieve the restored gospel through Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, recieving the holy ghost and most important, enduring to the end!! Those doctrines are so important. Everyone, even members can apply these principles into their lives. Our mission prez hits very hard on thoes five doctrines and we teach them through the scriptures to members and investigators.
 
I'm heading into the city (Oklahoma City) where I hope to buy myself a winter coat.

I'm working hard! I love y'all!

Elder Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment